Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Emmy Awards 2011

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I have been super busy with school. I had a lot of work to do, and frankly, I just havent been in the mood to update.

On Sunday, the Emmy Awards took place in LA. The trend of the night was red, and there was a lot of it. Lets start judging.

There was a lot of hype around Nina Dobrev in Donna Karen, but I dont get it. Yes she looks stunning, but this dress has been worn by every starlet to every Emmys show over the past 10 years. My biggest problem with the dress is the awful hem. As Ross Matthews said, "It looks like a sleeping bag", and it does. The second problem is the Neil Lane necklace. I like the idea of the necklace, but I wish it wasnt a chocker.

Kate Winslet looked beautiful in her red Elie Saab gown. I love the dress, but my only issue was the fit. Either let it out or wear Spanx. Its really not that hard especially for a women who has a closet full of form fitting gowns.


If she had her hair pulled back into a sleek bun, she would have easily been best dressed.


Im not sure what I dont like, but im having issues with this.


I love me some Jane Lynch, but she could have worn such a better outfit. I love the color, and her hair is super perfect, but this is what she chose to wear? I think a nice big necklace would have been amazing.

I have no idea who you are Rachael Taylor, but you look stunning. From your sleek hair and pretty Armani dress, I cant find one fault.


Minka Kelly....why?


Wow...Evan usually makes a fool out of herself on the red carpet, so this is a breath of fresh air. Its not exactly original, but its the Emmy, so no one actually expects you to look orginal. I love her hair.


Wft, Dianna? You are so pretty and yet you wear this? I respect you for not whoring it up, but this is too matronly. I do love the color, though.


The color of Sofia Vergaras dress is so stunning, and the cut is perfect. Lose the giant earrings, and I would call this a winner!


I need this dress in my closet. Kaley Cuoco, welcome to my Ones to Watch list.


This is the dress I would have worn if I went to the Emmys. I decided this when I first saw the Elie Saab Couture collection and I didnt think anyone would wear this dress, especially not Emily Blunt. Well, im happy she did because I dont think anyone else could wear this well. My only glitch is that fabric sticking out of one of her boobs. On the runway it is on both sides, so I know its supposed to be there, but she should have fixed it.

Best Dressed at the 2011 Emmy awards goes to......





Evan Rachel Wood!!! Congrats, Evan... You get absolutely nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment